Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default I get # symbols in my cell instead of text

First, I don't think that MSWorks is free--it may have been bundled with your pc
when you purchased the pc, but I'm sure the price of the software was buried
into the price of the pc.

Second, I'm sure that MS is aware of the behavior.

Wayne wrote:

Just hit this - the free microsoft works spreadsheet doesnt have this limit,
so what works in MS Works, fails after paying for excel2007. This doesn't
seem like an intentional limit, do you know if MS is aware of it or if there
is a way to open a bug report?

"
"Dave Peterson" wrote:

If it's text, try changing the format of that cell to General.

Long text (255 characters to 1024 characters) in cells formatted as Text will
show as ####'s.

Betsy wrote:

I have large blocks of text in some of my cells and they show up as
########## instead of the text I put there. If I click on the cell I see my
text above in the text edit box, but not on the spreadsheet.

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson