Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Shane Devenshire Shane Devenshire is offline

Default workbook protection

Hi,

You can also get to the proper location in 2003 by choosing Tools, Options,
Security and enter a Password to Modify.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire
Microsoft Excel MVP
Join http://setiathome.berkeley.edu/ and download a free screensaver to help
search for life beyond earth.

"jolowe" wrote in message
I need to protect several workbooks from being modified (to do this a
sheet
at a time would take forever)- I want to password protect them - there is
help entry for "set password to modify a workbook" but (and this is big
but)
the information is NOT for Excel 2007 - it looks like 2003. This is what
is
in the 2007 Excell Help and on the Excel Help on line. Is there any way
do this in 2007??