bart13 bart13 is offline
Junior Member

Default Bug with Chart.Name?

Excel 2003 with hundreds of charts in 3 tabs and just under 200 total tabs. I'm trying to automate the export of them with a macro. The code seems fine, but all the charts are not being exported.

I've changed the chart names away from the default Chart ### via the shift click method but even though the name shows correctly in the name box at the upper left, a few are still named Chart ### when exported.

I've even tried copying a few of the charts to a brand new chart tab - no joy. There are six charts (and that's what ActiveSheet.ChartObjects.Count shows) in the new tab but only three will export. The other three that will not export were created via ctrl-c copies of one of the working ones and then changes were made through the normal UI to the date range, Chart.Name, etc.

Maybe some kind of weird corruption in the various problem charts or some unknown limit to Chart.Name... or just plain PEBKAC?