Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Can I copy conditional formatting?

I do not use 2007 so cannot speak to that.

Gord

On Sat, 7 Jun 2008 17:16:59 -0400, "Laurel" wrote:

See below.

.. .
That would depend upon what your CF conditions are.

Are you using "Cell Value is:" or "Formula is:"?

I don't know the difference. I put most of the formulae on using Office
2003, and forget how I did it. I now have Office 2007, and only know to go
to "Conditional Formatting" on the Home tab, and click "Manage Rules." If a
column letter is highlighted, or if any cell in the column in question is
highlighted, I see 3 rules: Cell value between 120 and 139 - format is
blue.

" " " 130 and 159 - format is red.

" " " 159 - format is fuschia.

Note - one problem I didn't mention is that text labels I have in that
column show up fuschia.... Not a big problem, but I wish I understood it.

Do the CF's point to entire columns or ranges?

Columns.

The Format PaintBrush will do a lot for you, again depending upon
conditions.

How do I find that? If I enter "Format Paintbrush" in help, I get a bunch
of topics relating to "formatting" (e.g., "format a disk") but nothing for
Format Paintbrush.

Can you post a few examples?

See above

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 2 Jun 2008 18:19:12 -0400, "Laurel" wrote:

I have conditional formatting on some columns in my spreadsheet. I would
like to put that same formatting on some rows. Is there a way to copy
conditional formatting, or do I just have to enter it all over again?