Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\)[_626_] Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\)[_626_] is offline

Default Rounding to nearest 9

Okay, the OP wrote back in another sub-thread... there is no longer any
question... it is not a "flaw", rather it is a **flaw**.<g

Good reading of the OP's intent there Peo (although I still think it strange
to round 1329.01 to 1339 rather than 1329).

Rick

"Rick Rothstein (MVP - VB)" wrote in
message ...
The reason I put "flaw" in quotes is because I was not completely sure
whether the OP wanted the rounding my formula does or the one yours does.
It seems strange to me that 1329.01 through 1329.99 (**especially** the
beginning of that range) should be rounded up to $1339, hence the formula
I posted. It may well turn out, however, that your rounding method is the
actual one the OP wants... we will just have to wait for him to come back
to this thread to see.

Rick

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote in message
Sorry, didn't see that. Regardless, my formula takes care of that "flaw"

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"Rick Rothstein (MVP - VB)" wrote
in message ...
note that Rick's solution does not round up when the last integer is 9
and there are decimals,
for instance 9.98, it rounds that to 9 or 1329.95 is 1329. Given your
preferences
shouldn't those be rounded to 19 and 1339 respectively?

Yep, I specifically pointed out that "flaw" prior to showing the formula
to the OP as he did not mention how he wanted to handle that situation.

Rick