Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Amanda Amanda is offline

Default Conditional Formatting for a Column Chart and Auto Shape

If they are <1% of the goal, red.....equal to or between -1% & 1%
yellow.....and more than 1% green

"ShaneDevenshire" wrote:

Hi Amanda,

There is no equivalent thing in the chart area for conditional formatting,
however, with a little work you can create a chart that duplicates what you
want. But before I try to ddo that - exactly what do you want - do you want
the entire column to change color after they reach some target or do you want
the amount above the target to show as a different color than the amount
below the target?

--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

"Amanda" wrote:

I have a worksheet that evaluates the % of a goal. I have it set up as a
chart and autoshape (to look like a thermometer).

Currently, I have one cell that changes colors based on the comparison
between their goal and where they are at....this is the information that
fills the chart....however I can't figure out how to change the chart color
like the cell.