Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
GaryS GaryS is offline

Default Rounding to nearest 9

Peo (and Rick),

You guys are right in that I want 329.50 to round to 339.00, and I didn't
point that out. Also I neglected originally to say that I want to always
round up not down.

Peo, when I use your solution substituing my situation for your A1 reference
I get an error that I'm missing an arugment. Here is what I put down:

=MAX(CEILING((E5+G5)*1.25)+1,10)-1,0)

I'm sure I'm just blind. What am I missing? Thanks!
--
Gary in Michigan, USA

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

Sorry, didn't see that. Regardless, my formula takes care of that "flaw"

Peo Sjoblom

"Rick Rothstein (MVP - VB)" wrote in
message ...
note that Rick's solution does not round up when the last integer is 9
and there are decimals,
for instance 9.98, it rounds that to 9 or 1329.95 is 1329. Given your
preferences
shouldn't those be rounded to 19 and 1339 respectively?

Yep, I specifically pointed out that "flaw" prior to showing the formula
to the OP as he did not mention how he wanted to handle that situation.

Rick