Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
LeeKru LeeKru is offline

Default Nesting a sheet name reference within a cell reference???

Please disregard my last note.... I had the wrong value in my reference
cell... rookie mistake. Thanks anyway.

"LeeKru" wrote:

This is the exact issue I am trying to resolve but the examples you provided
are only returning a #REF! result for me. What am I missing? I must admit I
don't understand the details of your example. I understand fundimentally
what "INDIRECT" is doing but I believe the first portion of your example is
properly returning the value of the cell on Sheet 1 that I am referencing (in
the example above, the formula seems to properly return "Sheet 2"). However,
it does not seem to understand the cell reference from 'Sheet 2' to return
the value I have in B15. For this example let's just say the value of 'Sheet
2'B15! is "Dog". Can you help? Thank you!!

"RagDyer" wrote:

One way:

=INDIRECT("'"&$A$1&"'!B"&ROW(A15))

--
HTH,

RD

"GregR" wrote in message
oups.com...
Same questions, but get B15 to increment as it is filled down. TIA

Greg