Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier Jon Peltier is offline

Default Problems changing x-axis with large data sets

Excel 2007 is a notoriously poor charting performer, particularly if you
customize the scale of an axis. Excel 2007 SP1 somewhat improves on this
poor performance. Excel 2003 will always outperform 2007.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Helena" wrote in message
I have relatively large data sets (for example 8 sets of 1500 x/y-values)
that I want to plot in one chart. So far all is fine. But if I want to
change
the x-axis scale (to show the curves better, for example from 0-100 to
20-40), everything becomes very slow. Just to mark one curve or try to
move
the chart within the sheet can take one minute! If I do the same i Excel
2003, there is no delay or problem. Is there a simple solution, or do I
have
to stick with old Excel?