Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sandy Sandy is offline

Default Excel Book.xlt is not open as excel default workbook

Thanks Gord Dibben for your suggestion.

But my problem is that my client want that his excel open default as we set
book.xlt file in xlstartup folder its work fine in some sysyem but in some
system its not working so my consern is why it is not open as default excel
in these system as the book.xlt is there in XLSTART folder.

Please suggest
waiting for your reply

Thanks
sandy

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Sandy

Do not use File...NewBlank workbook or you will get the Excel default workbook.

Use FileNew(no ellipsis) or CTRL + n or the New File Icon.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 3 Jun 2008 05:36:01 -0700, Sandy
wrote:

Hi, All

Please help me out i am using Excel 2003 i want to open default excel file
with some settings so for that i have created boo.xlt file in the XLstart
folder of excel on path

C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART

Its working fine on many systems but on some systems its not working when i
open the excel on that system it open excel file with default excel settings
not the same as my book.xlt.

I have just check that book.xlt is there at right path and also when i open
the Blank Workbook it open diffrent file with diffrent settings as i know it
should be same as my book.xlt as book.xlt is dafault excel template file.
Please suggest why it is showing this behaviour

Please help me out.

Thanks in advance.