Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Geebee Geebee is offline

Default Rotate column headings - ???

I'm setting up a spreadsheet with only about a dozen columns, but I want each
column to be quite narrow - only wide enough to put an "X" in each cell to
show whether an action was done, or not done. Each column will represent one
department in a hospital, like "Anesthesia".

Is there a way to rotate the column headings 90 degrees, so that each column
heading reads sideways (vertically)? If so, I can get the spreadsheet to
print out on only one page (wide), whereas it would be quite wide if I have
to spell out the department names horizontally - even if I abbreviate them.