Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Del Cotter Del Cotter is offline

Default Is it possible to chart series data from multiple rows in a ta

On Tue, 3 Jun 2008, in microsoft.public.excel.charting,
mrobles said:

I'd like to revisit this topic. We have very detailed spreadsheets of data
and the row labels change position from year to year, but it's not an option
for us to standardize them because it would make adding new data more
difficult.

That said, how would I edit the series values of a graph so that they could
pull from one row until a certain column is reached, then switch to a
different row. Here's an example.

Give the two tables Range Names, say TABLE1 and TABLE2. Then use VLOOKUP
to find Ford in the table that corresponds to the appropriate year:

table TABLE1 TABLE1 TABLE2 TABLE2
column 1 2 1 2

2000 2001 2003 2004
Ford X X X X
Toyota X X X X
Jeep X X X X

Everywhere I have put "X", put a formula like:

=VLOOKUP($A1,table,column,FALSE)

to find your data in the tables. Then use the final table as a source of
your chart.

--
Del Cotter