Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
johnboy[_2_] johnboy[_2_] is offline

Default Import raw data into different worksheet

On 3 Jun, 18:36, Jennifer wrote:
I receive spreadsheets with raw data in them and currently I manually insert
the data into a different spreadsheet that I already have made. In my
spreadsheet there are many more rows with some company names that aren't
included in the raw data information. Basically, I manually go through my
spreadsheet and find the matching company names and insert the data that way.
Is there a faster way that helps keep the integrity of the original data?

Would VLOOKUP help you here? I think that you would have to copy the
raw data spreadsheet into your own workbook first. VLOOKUP will match
company names from your raw data with your original spreadsheet and
insert data according to where you have entered the function.