Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Holger Gerths Holger Gerths is offline

Default xy-scatter-labels disappear when x-axis is changed into time-axis (XL07)

Dear Jon,

I use time-axis to provide dynamic margins left and right in
chart-templates.
But I think, it's better to solve this in 2007 with excel-names and
Offset(),
because scatters cannot be moved between time-tickmarks in 2007.
What do you think about?

Thanks, Holger.

"Jon Peltier" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Wait until the series is on the secondary axis before you apply the
labels.

The category axis is a category type, not a date (time) type. However,
since you've removed it from the chart, you can't make use of any of the
properties of the axis. Why not use a regular category axis, with month
names as category labels? This is much easier to create and to maintain.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Holger Gerths" wrote in message
Yes, I am using Excel 2007 SP1 German.

This example is showing the matter:
http://itbuero.gerths.de/download/columns_2007.xlsx

The Series "legend" is currently on primary axis, which is a time axis -
and it has datalabels.
They become visible when putting the serien on secondary axis.

I can generally reproduce that xy scatter loose visibility of datalabels
when they are combined with time-axis.
Maybe this is a problem of the german language version.
MS-Support told me from language-specific bugs in combination with
not-refreshing cameras.
Maybe it works on other language. Please tell me.

Thanks a lot,
Holger.

"Jon Peltier" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
I cannot reproduce this error. Could you describe in more detail what you
started with and what you changed to.

Are you using Office 2007 SP1?

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Holger Gerths" wrote in message
Dear group,

who knows a workaround for the effect that labels of xy-scatter series
disappear when the x-axis is changed into time-axis?
I already know workarounds without using time-axis.
My Excel is 2007 SP1.

Thanks in advance,
Holger.