Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

Default COUNTIF with 2 conditions/columns

My next challenge is with column D= Rainfall in mm
I want to add up the total rainfail on Rainy Wednesdays......

Easy, just strap it on like this:
= sumproduct((C2:C10="Rainy")*(B2:B10="Wednesday"),D 2:D10)

.. I have to use c2:c10 rather than specify the column c:c

Yes, at least in xl03 (my ver). And since sumproduct is calc-intensive, I'd
just use the smallest range large enough to cover the max expected extent of
data, for performance's sake. But I heard (I don't have) that xl07 allows
entire col ranges (eg: c:c) to be used, albeit whether the performance
aspects in doing so are tolerable is not known (I have not come across
discussions on this as yet).
--
Max
Singapore