Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Fred Smith[_4_] Fred Smith[_4_] is offline

Default sum a column range basing on financial year.

Why don't you test it out to see if it works. Then we'll work on your second
question. I expect you'll find if the formula works for the current fiscal
year, it won't be too hard to change for the previous year.

Regards,
Fred.

"TUNGANA KURMA RAJU" wrote in
message ...
thanks,I haven't tested the function;
What about my second question?

"Fred Smith" wrote:

One way:

=sumif(a:a,""&date(year(today())-1,3,31),b:b)-sumif(a:a,""&date(year(today()),3,31),b:b)

Regards,
Fred.

"TUNGANA KURMA RAJU" wrote
in
message ...
I have a dates in ascending in Col-a, and income amount in col-b.
I need a function that gives me --sum of income earned in this
financial
year as on today.(assuming financial year 1st april to 31st march).No
where
the financial year is entered in w/sheet.basing on today's date the
fuction
should calcualte financial year,and other results.
second part of question is -what will the function for last year,basing
on
today'date.