Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Steven K. Smith[_2_] Steven K. Smith[_2_] is offline

Default Adding multiple series to charts

Most of the charts I make, and the specific one where the question came up,
are in a seperate sheet, not embeded in a worksheet. Also, the usual case
seem to be that "The chart range is too complex to display..." on my charts.
When I tried this on another spreadsheet with an embeded chart, it didn't
highlight the data ranges.

--
I speak for truth, enlightenment and justice, but not for the US Air Force.

"Laurent" wrote:

1. click somewhere on your chart, but not on a specific object - the data
source of your chart will get highlighted
2. hover your mouse on the corner of the frame that delimitates the data range
3. adjust the size of the data range

Now this only works, if the new columns and the previous ones build a range.

"Steven K. Smith" wrote:

My, the sign-on process was annoying! I had to click "allow this" 12 times
after I started counting, just so I could ask this question.

In Excel 2007, how do I add multiple series of data to a scatter chart? It
appears to only allow you to add one series at a time.

I have a worksheet with data in columns. If I add some columns of data to
the and want them to appear on the chart, the only way I've found to do this
is to right click, choose "select data", "add" and then individually enter
the X and Y ranges for each series, one at a time.

It has no problem creating a chart with multiple series at one time, why is
this different? This was much easier in Excel 2003.

Sooooo annoying, but until I can dump this job my workplace makes me use
Excel.