Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Del Cotter Del Cotter is offline

Default How do you build a chart with two differant number formats?

On Sat, 31 May 2008, in microsoft.public.excel.charting,
Scarlett said:
I have tried this however when I click on selected data series, There is not
an axis tab. In fact when I click on selected data series, a box named
"format data series" pops up. In the box, I get access to the following tabs:
Patterns ; Shape; Data Labels; Series Order; and Options. Am I doing
something wrong? Thanks again for your help.

"Shape" is the clue. You're using a 3D chart type, and 3D, besides
being bad information graphic practice generally, is also lacking in the
ability to define second axes and Y error bars.

Right click on the series, and instead of "Selected object", choose
"Chart type" from the menu. Choose a two dimensional chart type from the
picture menu of charts. Now do the "Format data series" thing again, and
you should find the Axis tab is now available.

--
Del Cotter