Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
MartinW[_2_] MartinW[_2_] is offline

Default I press upper shift & " BUT I get @ - how can I fix it?

Hi,

It could possibly be a driver file issue.
Have you tried updating your keyboard driver file?

HTH
Martin

"Gorilla_Bear" wrote in message
Thanks for your reply Bob, it made a lot of sense - looks like the USA are
like the roman empire of old...they've spread their influence even to our
keyboard selections...D'oh!!

I think if it happens again - its time for a cheeky re-boot - methinks.

All the best.

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

I get this as well, I am working happily, and then suddenly the @ becomes
", and I even lose the #.

My reasoning is that because US keyboards are laid out differently than
UK
keyboards, and because US application designers think US is the world,
there
is code in these apps which fails in certain situations and it becomes US
specific, so we are saddled with an implicit US keyboard.

I have never found a solution.

--
---
HTH

Bob

addy)

"Gorilla_Bear" wrote in message
When I use the upper shift key and the number 2 to acheive the "
sign....I
get the @ sign instead. How can I fix it?

thanks for any help on this...its doing my dome in big style.