Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
bmorris bmorris is offline

Default How to insert rows after each row of data (800 rows)?

Bernie,

i figured out the problem. my "blank" rows actually have a hidden character
in them. fixed it, your macro runs great. thank you very much.

"Bernie Deitrick" wrote:

bmorris,

Assuming that your filled/blank rows extend ot column A:

Sub InsertEvenMoreBlankRows()

Dim myA As Range

For Each myA In Columns("A:A").SpecialCells(xlCellTypeBlanks).Area s
myA.Cells(myA.Rows.Count).EntireRow.Insert
Next myA

End Sub

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"bmorris" wrote in message
Toppers, your macro worked great. New problem. I have 2400 lines of
data,
with a blank row every 4 or 5 rows. I need to insert an additional blank
row
right after the existing one only, not after each row. Can you help?

"Toppers" wrote:

Sub InsertBlankRow()
For r = Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row To 2 Step -1
Rows(r).Insert Shift:=xlDown
Next r
end sub

"Jess" wrote:

I need a spreadsheet with a blank row between each row of data. There
are
800 rows of data. Is there an easy way to accomplish this?