JulieD

Hi Mike

you can't "sort" to get a unique list, but you can use data / filter /
advanced filter to extract a unique list to another location and then you
can sort that if you want.

Debra Dalgleish has good notes on her site
(http://www.contextures.com/xladvfilter01.html) on extracting unique entries
using the advanced filter.

--
Cheers
JulieD
"Mike Busch" wrote in message
Is there a way to sort a row in Excel to sort a number of cells that have
multiple entries and view a list of just one occurrence of each different
types in the row. OK if I have a row with 200 cells with 30 different
types
of the subject. I would like to sort to produce a list of just one each of
the 30 different types of data. If I have coins and have ten nickels, 25
quarters, and 50 dimes. I would like to make a list that just has nickel
then
dime then quarter because there are three different types in the row. .
Thank
you in advance.