Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
FSt1 FSt1 is offline

Default Conditional Formatting with Icon sets

hi
sorry it took me so long to get back, i got hung up.
see this web site....

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...ffice.11).aspx

regards
FSt1

"CC" wrote:

Hi -

I want to display one of the new icon sets as a result of the conditional
formatting so you can quickly see if the numbers went up or down from the
previous month

CC

"FSt1" wrote:

hi
what do you mean by "light" or "arrow"?

regards
FSt1

"CC" wrote:

I thought this would be easy, but I cannot figure out how to use conditional
formatting with iconsets the way I want.

If I am comparing results from one month to the next I want to show a green
light or arrow if the current month's sales were higher than last month, a
yellow light if it was the same and a red light if it declined.

Month 1 Month 2

50 60 - green
55 55- yellow
60 50 - red

This seems pretty basic, am I missing something simple?