Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
bigV bigV is offline

Default Macro Running Painfully Slow!

Bernie,

The reason I am looping cause row 7 contains randomly generated numbers and
i need them to 'refresh' each time so that each of the 1000 lines has
different values. Any ideas how to incorporate it?

Thank you for help.
Voytek

"Bernie Deitrick" wrote:

It takes forever because you're looping. To fix it, don't loop:

Range("d7:it7").Copy
Range("d11").Resize(1000).PasteSpecial xlValues
Application.CutCopyMode = False

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"bigV" wrote in message
I have written a simple Macro that copies and pastes one excel line 1000
times. For some reason it takes forever on my computer (~5 minutes). Any idea
why?

Any suggestions much aprpeciated!!!

Here's the code:

Sub Test()
'
'

Set Result_Range = Range("d11")
n = 0
While n < 1000

Range("d7:it7").Select
Selection.Copy
Result_Range.Select
Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlValues, Operation:=xlNone, SkipBlanks:= _
False, Transpose:=False

Set Result_Range = Result_Range.Offset(1, 0)
n = n + 1

Wend
End Sub