Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Don Guillett Don Guillett is offline

Default datalookup

Glad to help

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
SalesAid Software

"Popeye the powerman" wrote in
message ...
Don,
Your a star that works perfectly thank you

"Don Guillett" wrote:

This is an array formula that must be entered using ctrl+shift+enter

=MAX(IF(ISNUMBER(C2:C22)*(A2:A22="nameA"),B2:B22))

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"Popeye the powerman" <Popeye the

wrote
in message ...
Hi, I will try to get this right,
I have a list of names (multiple identical entries) each name(column A)
has
a date in the next column(B), & a figure in the next(C),
I need a formula that will find a specific name in column A then check
see if there is a figure in Column C (i.e Not Blank) then retrieve the
date
in column B.
To make it more awkward I need it to only retrieve the newest entry
that
matches the criteria.
I hope that is clear enough (I think I confused myself) I was unsure if
lookup would be able to do this.
Thank you in advance