Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Margs Margs is offline

Default Macro to populate a list

Hi Per,
I'm not sure what you want to see (sorry if I am being stupid) but I have
copied the macro. I press Ctrl-d and all the information is transferred to
the other sheet but when I try to do it again with new information it over
writes the original row.
I am very grateful for your time.
Margs

TransferDetails Macro
' Macro recorded 30/05/2008 by M.Liddell
'
' Keyboard Shortcut: Ctrl+d
'
Range("H3").Select
Selection.Copy
Sheets("Sheet2").Select
Range("H2:K2").Select
Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValuesAndNumberFormats, Operation:= _
xlNone, SkipBlanks:=False, Transpose:=False
Sheets("Sheet1").Select
Range("H5").Select
Application.CutCopyMode = False
Selection.Copy
Sheets("Sheet2").Select
Range("A5").Select
Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValuesAndNumberFormats, Operation:= _
xlNone, SkipBlanks:=False, Transpose:=False
Sheets("Sheet1").Select
Range("F14:O14").Select
Application.CutCopyMode = False
Selection.Copy
Sheets("Sheet2").Select

"Per Jessen" wrote:

Hi Margs

To find the first empty row in column A you can use this:

EmptyCell=Range("A1").End(XlDown).Address

BTW: Showing the code you have made so far, will enable us to give a more
precise answer.

Regards,
Per

"Margs" skrev i meddelelsen
I am new to macros but have worked out how to transfer the results of a
calculation to a row on another sheet. When I clear the original data to
enter more how can I transfer the second lot of results to the next row
down
on the second sheet.
I discovered a GoTo under Edit but cannot fathom if this is where I need
be.
Many thanks
Margs