Bernie Deitrick

Phillippe,

With the formula below in cell B1, simply use this in C1:

=TRIM(SUBSTITUTE(A1,B1,""))

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Philippe L. Balmanno" wrote in message
Great, this is more along the lines that I was thinking of. I got the

Last
name out of it perfectly. All I need to do is get the difference in

column
A (WN - whole name) and column B (LN) to produce column C (FN).

"Bernie Deitrick" <deitbe @ consumer dot org wrote in message
Phil,

For a list starting in cell A1, use this formula

=RIGHT(A1,LEN(A1)-FIND(" ",A1))

Copy down to match your data list.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Philippe L. Balmanno" wrote in message
I am looking to extract everything on the right of a " " (space) in a
text
line.
I have a lit of names in the form of FN" "LN in column A.
In column B I want to extract the LN portion of column A.

I guess the next logical question would be if I extract the LN and it

is
in
column B can I compare column A to B and output the difference in

column
C stripping off the extra space after the FN?

TIA
Phil