Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
charles charles is offline

Default ?? VLookup ??

I am using Excel 2007 with which I have 2 spreadsheets, spreadsheet 1 has 3
columns, €śCustomer name€ť, €śDate€ť and €śAmount€ť, each customer may have several
entries for any given month and the date field goes back several years.

Spreadsheet 2 lists all the customer names from spreadsheet 1 in column A,
and the other columns have a month and year i.e. Dec 07, Jan 08, Feb 08 etc.

What I need to do is create a formula in spreadsheet 2 that will sum all the
customer entries for each month. I thought VLookup would work but I cant
figure out how to make it work with the month requirement.

Thanks for your help