Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links
[email protected] mark.waldrip@af-group.com is offline

Default Duplicating Folders

Version: MS Office Excel 2003
I have a "Big" folder, containing several other "Small" folders, which
contain several workbooks in them.
Many of these workbooks link to workbooks within the other "Small"
folders. Everything works great. The problem is the "Big" folder is a
monthly folder. I need to create a copy of this "Big" folder each
month, and rename it to the current month. The problem is when I copy
a paste a new "Big" folder for May, some of the links within the
workbooks reference the data from the April folder. Others seem to
work fine. Why do some of the links recognize they need to reference
the May folder, but others are still referencing April? Each new "Big"
folder should be self-contained with all links staying inside. Perhaps
there is a better way to copy the "Big" folder to allow all the links
to change? Thanks in advance for your help!

Mark