Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Sal Sal is offline

Default Return the filtered value into a specific cell

I got lost in your subtotal function. I have attached a small section of the
spreadsheet. At the top is where I need to display the 3 results, however
when I filter by a specific variety then I don't want the grower to be
displayed if more than one grower has that same variety and the same applies
for the pool. Sometimes I just filter by grower or pool. Basically I only
want it to return that value as long as all the visible values with a column
are the same. Hope I'm not confusing you.

Variety Grower Pool
R WY00 0XX1

DATE VAR GWR POOL PACK
8/16/07 R WY00 0XX1 TP
8/17/07 GG WY00 0JH1 TP
8/17/07 FUJI AK00 0XX1 TP
8/17/07 BR AK00 0XX1 TP
8/17/07 GG G800 0JH1 TP
8/17/07 FUJI TC00 0XX1 TP
8/17/07 GG IP00 0PK1 TP
8/17/07 JG WY00 0XX1 TP
8/17/07 GG AK00 1KK1 TP
8/17/07 GG WY00 0XX1 TP
8/17/07 FUJI AK00 0XX1 TP
8/17/07 GG G800 1KK1 TP
8/17/07 JG AK00 0PK1 HTP
8/17/07 G G800 0XX1 HTP
8/17/07 GG TC00 0XX1 HTP
8/17/07 JG WY00 1KK1 HTP
8/17/07 G G800 0PK2 HTP
8/17/07 BR TC00 0XX1 HTP
8/17/07 BR AK00 0RR1 HTP
8/21/07 GG AK00 0XX1 TP
9/4/07 R 8888 8888 HTP
9/4/07 R 8888 8888 HTP

Thank you.

"T. Valko" wrote:

I need to figure out how to modify the function
so when the spreadsheet is not filtered for any
specific value to return a blank

You could compare the number of visible rows to the number of unfiltered
rows:

=IF(SUBTOTAL(3,A2:A15)=ROWS(A2:A15),"",...........

If the table is unfiltered then the subtotal will equal the numbers of rows.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Sal" wrote in message
Excellent! It works! Now I need to figure out how to modify the function
so
when the spreadsheet is not filtered for any specific value to return a
blank, or only return a filtered value as long as all of the values in
that
column are the same. If I can't figure it out, then you'll be hearing from
me
again. THANK YOU!

"Sal" wrote:

I haven't figured out how to return the filtered value into a specific
cell.
I have a large spreadsheet where I filter 3 specific columns and I need
those
3 specific filtered values (which are text) to be display in a different
area
of the same spreadsheet in a specific cell. It think it may be similar
the subtotal function which only adds the filtered values
=subtotal(9,Range)
but I've been searching only with no success yet. Thanks.