Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
M.A.Tyler M.A.Tyler is offline

Default Vlookup, Index, Match every instance.

Hey Joel,
I understand the concept and it dose work, however what I really need is the
information in column X that corosponds to each instance of 1 in column BA.
That said I could copy column X instead of D, but was hoping this could be a
bit more automated. Perhaps a macro to be used with the filtering would work.

"M.A.Tyler" wrote:

"D" "BA"
1 Military Major 1
2 Military Major 5
3 Military Major 1
4 Military Major 3
5 Military Major 8
6 Military Major 5
7 Military Major 3
8 Military Major 2
9 Military Major 7
10 Military Major 3

I need to "find", from a much longer list, Military Major,(sheet1 Column
"D") , these enteries are all grouped together, 10 or less. For every
instance column "BA" is 1, move the information contained in the corosponding
cell in sheet1, column "X" to Sheet2, column "B".

In the example above rows 1 & 3 qualify, would the information populated in
Sheet1 "X" 1 & 3 necessarily need to appear in Sheet2 B1 & B3 or could it
appear in B1 & B2?

Hope I've explained well enough, Thanks in advance.

M.A.Tyler