Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
PCLIVE PCLIVE is offline

Default Converting numbers

One other note.

When you fill-down or copy the formula to other cells, you may need to
recalculate by hitting F9.

Regards,
Paul

--

"PCLIVE" wrote in message
With your date in A1, this will display a three-letter representation of
the month.
=text(A1,"mmm")

If you want the full month name:
=text(A1,"mmmm")

HTH,
Paul

--

"maltagirl" wrote in message
I have a spreadheet full of dates (ex:1/4/2003). i want only the month
portion to show in a different cell. The trouble is that the month
portion is
to be shown as text (January - 1 is the month). I have managed to convert
the
1 into January by using the Format-Cells command, but when I drag down to
fill the other cells, they are all filled in as January, whereas the
dates go
through 12. How can I manage this? Thanks.