Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mike H Mike H is offline

Default Converting numbers

Hi,

It's probably simpler than you think. Say your dates are in Colmn A put this
in B1
=A1
Format the Cell with a custom format of mmm
Drag down

Mike

"maltagirl" wrote:

I have a spreadheet full of dates (ex:1/4/2003). i want only the month
portion to show in a different cell. The trouble is that the month portion is
to be shown as text (January - 1 is the month). I have managed to convert the
1 into January by using the Format-Cells command, but when I drag down to
fill the other cells, they are all filled in as January, whereas the dates go
through 12. How can I manage this? Thanks.