R.VENKATARAMAN

Default blank cells

this is a question on fundamentals of excel

for e.g. cell A2 is blank. I confirm whether A2 is blank by going to
another cell and typing <=isblank(A2) which gives <true. But when I go to
another cell and click edit-clear-all (to celar any formats etc) and type
<=A2 it does NOT give a blank cell but gives <0(zero).

If I copy and paste a blank cell to another cell it gives blank.

the above descrepancy gives problem in creating formulas. for e.g.
A2 is 2, A3 is blank
If I type in some other cell the formula <=IF(A2=2,A3," ") it gives 0 and
not Blank which A3 is .
is it because if the condition is true it is blank and even if it is false
it is blank.

this formula may be trivial but I have a formula which gives this type of
problem.

Elucidation please.