Buckwheat

Eggman, thanks for your help...It made perfect since when I saw your answer.
I just finished an excel class and now that the boss wants me to do a
project, I've mentally frozen...first time that's really happened to me.
Thanks for your help

"Buckwheat" wrote:

I am trying to get Excel to make some calculations for me. This is my first
time trying to use Excel and I can't seem to figure out how to tell it what I
want it to do. I want it to tell me a percentage rate. I tell it how much I
paid for an item and how much I sold the item for. I got the formula to get
it to give me the amount of the difference, but how would I tell it to give
me that number in the next cell as the % as well? I hope that makes since.
For instance, if I bought a car for 500.00, turned around and sold it for
750.00, I've already got it to give me the difference amount (250.00), now
how would I get it to tell me what that 250.00 equals as a percent? Thanks