Krista F

Default Matrix Query Part II - lookup value

Another question on the lookup function! I'm using:

=INDEX($B$2:$D$4,MATCH("WW04",$A$2:$A$4,0),MATCH(" WW03",$B$1:$D$1,0))

I would like to 'autofill' my 2nd lookup_value ("WW03" here) by saying look
at the cell above this one I have just pasted you into. Can you nest
commands like that??

As it stands I am copying this formula into long strings and changing the
two lookup values by hand... It's not awful but if I can take another
shortcut... Well you know..

Thanks!!

Krista

Ah yes, I had just tried that and it finally worked... Thanks so much!

I just saved myself literally weeks on this analysis. Wish I had tried this
days ago....

"Jason Morin" wrote:

You almost have it:

=INDEX($B$2:$D$4,MATCH("WW04",$A$2:$A$4,0),MATCH
("WW03",$B$1:$D$1,0))

To understand the double unary (--)and it's usage, take a
look at:

http://tinyurl.com/5o7lm

HTH
Jason