Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RagDyeR RagDyeR is offline

Default Search Columns for a word and stop

Really appreciate the feed-back.

RD

"Mac" wrote in message
Thanks again!! You, RagDyeR and Rick, are a life saver!

mac

"Rick Rothstein (MVP - VB)" wrote in
message ...
You are welcome (but thank you's go to RagDyeR for spotting and
correcting the flaw in my original formula too).

No, enter it normally, it is not an array-entered formula... COUNT and
INDEX take ranges for its arguments and SUMPRODUCT is a normally-entered
function that was designed to automatically performs array processing
without having to array-enter it.

Rick

"Mac" wrote in message
This works GREAT!!!!! Thank you very much!!!! it's going to save me
MANY hours of manual work!

I noticed that it works as an array or as a general formula... Do I
need to enter it as an array?

Thanks again!!!!
mac