Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Teal CPA Teal CPA is offline

Default Universal formula to all cells

Actually - years ago there was an add-on that had a feature (function) where
you could apply a formula to a range of cells - for example if you had a
column of numbers that you wanted to change from positive to negative numbers
you would only need to highlight the column, bring up the universal feature
and put in the formula you wanted applied to those numbers (*-1), and the
whole column would be negative... in your case the universal formula would be
(/100) and then apply the percent format.... I've not been able to find that
wonderful add on for quite awhile... maybe someone knows where it is.

"Frodo Baggins." wrote:

Hello,
I have a grid of numbers with totals at the end of each column.
I'd like to convert the numbers in the grid to percentages of the total.
Is there a way to do this without changing the content/formula of each
individual cell?

Thanks!

FB.