John

Each item in the drop down (combo box) has a differnt value to it.

"CLR" wrote:

Sounds like a job for VLOOKUP............

In cells O4:o15, put the numbers you wish to shoe\w up when each stxt value
in N4:n15 is called up in A8 .................
Then, in C8, put this formula.........

=VLOOKUP(A8,N4:O15,2,FALSE)

Then, whatever value is selected in A8, the corresponding number will appear
in C8.......

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"John" wrote in message
I am trying to create a what if scenario. I have cell A8 that is linked to

combo box, which is linked to N4:N15 where I am using text. I want a

number
to be placed in cell C8 based on what cell A8 is in the combo box. How do

manage this, or can I?

John