Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\)[_532_] Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\)[_532_] is offline

Default Fisrt letter of every word

I see you already have an answer, but I spent the time working this method
up, so I thought I would post it anyway (mainly for the archives)...

Function FirstLetters(ByVal Str As String) As String
Dim X As Long
Str = " " & Str
For X = Len(Str) To 2 Step -1
If Mid(Str, X - 1, 1) < " " Then Mid(Str, X, 1) = " "
Next
FirstLetters = Replace(Str, " ", "")
End Function

Rick

"Graham H" wrote in message
Is there any way I can concatenate the first letters of every word in a
phrase?
eg management of ancient wood pasture
Answer I am after in one cell "moawp"
The lenhgth of the phrases would be variable, sya up to 15 words.
I would value any help.

Kind Regards
Graham