Aladin Akyurek

If you install the morefunc add-in from http://longre.free.fr/english/,
you can invoke:

=MCONCAT(IF(ISNUMBER(SEARCH(A2:A6,B2)),LEFT(UPPER( A2:A6)),""))

which you must confirm with control+shift+enter instead of just with enter.

Note that A2:A6 is assumed to house the search words and B2 the target
sentence.

Peter Gundrum wrote:
Does anybody know if there is a way to do this. Say I
have a list of words

Car
Apple
Fan
House
Fork

Say I have a text string in one cell such as <B"My car is
in the house in my garage"</B.

I want to put a formula into the cell next to this text
string and then do the following.

What I need is some sort of function or formula that will
look at my list of words and tell me which words on the
list are in the text string and then mark the cell with
what words it found.

In this example in my text string are the words "House"
and "Car", so I would want the formula to put into the
cell an "H" telling me it found the word "House" and
a "C" telling me it found the word "Car"

So the final result in my cell where the formula is would
be "HC".

Is this possible? Boy, if you could help me with this it
would be greatly appreciated. Thank You