Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default An Excel Formula know how to re-arrange the data

Try this entered in C3 and copied down:

=INDEX(A$3:A$7,MATCH(SMALL(B$3:B$7,ROWS(C$3:C3)),B $3:B$7,0))

If there are duplicate numbers then a different approach will be needed.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"wilchong via OfficeKB.com" <u43231@uwe wrote in message
The 2 data sets are assumed running in A3 and in B3 down, viz.:
In A3 down is: A, B, C, D and E
In B3 down is: 35, 45, 13, 8 and 3.

The result which I want is to list the data E, D, C, A and B from the cell
C3
to C7. I want a formula which know how to rank the data in which the
Excel
formula know B has the highest value of 45 and E has the lowest value of
3.

Many thanks,

Wilchong