Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
hollies hollies is offline

Default What formula to use?

I have been "playing" with the formulae again this morning and cannot get it
to work automatically, either by adding RED or removing it.

=SUMPRODUCT(--(ColorIndex(B3:U7)=3))*15

The only way to get the calculation to work is by Double clicking in the
Total cell. Just clicking in the cell does not do the trick.

Could this be something to do with the colour?

Thanks, Rob

"hollies" wrote:

No, Gord, I am set to Automatic.

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Sounds like you're set to "manual" in ToolsOptionsCalculation.

Set to Automatic.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sun, 25 May 2008 16:44:00 -0700, hollies
wrote:

I have just found that by double clicking in the "Total" cell, the value
actually changes but is this correct.

Should I have to double click this cell after each/any change?

Thanks

"hollies" wrote:

Hello

I can't seem to find if this can actually be done but, using Excel 2003, I
have a worksheet with several blocks containing cells numbered from 1 to 100.

From these blocks, I want to be able to count each cell as a value of 1 if I
change the background colour to red (or any other colour) then multiply that
value by a number, say 5.

eg If I select the first 25 cells and fill them red, I want my "total" Cell
to show the sum of 25 * 1 * 5 giving me 125.

Hope this is understandable!

Thanks for any help.