Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
hollies hollies is offline

Default What formula to use?

No, Gord, I am set to Automatic.

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Sounds like you're set to "manual" in ToolsOptionsCalculation.

Set to Automatic.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sun, 25 May 2008 16:44:00 -0700, hollies
wrote:

I have just found that by double clicking in the "Total" cell, the value
actually changes but is this correct.

Should I have to double click this cell after each/any change?

Thanks

"hollies" wrote:

Hello

I can't seem to find if this can actually be done but, using Excel 2003, I
have a worksheet with several blocks containing cells numbered from 1 to 100.

From these blocks, I want to be able to count each cell as a value of 1 if I
change the background colour to red (or any other colour) then multiply that
value by a number, say 5.

eg If I select the first 25 cells and fill them red, I want my "total" Cell
to show the sum of 25 * 1 * 5 giving me 125.

Hope this is understandable!

Thanks for any help.