Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Don Guillett Don Guillett is offline

Default Corrupted Worksheet

Did you try open office? Just yesterday, I inadvertently had a udf and a sub
named the same and 2003 and 2007 would just freeze. Fixed.

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"Gasol" wrote in message
I have an extremely important xls Worksheet file, which of
course, no back up was made. I am trying to fix it for somebody but I
keep
hitting dead ends. I have Excel 2003 here, but if I try opening it up
in
any version it comes up with the error "Unable to read file". I am
just not sure where the 'corruptness' of the file is. What would make
my life easier would be a program that would
automatically fix an Excel file.. but if theres not does anybody know
where
I might find information on the XLS format?

Thanks!