Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
EB EB is offline

Default Lookup Value and Return Column Heading

Thanks all -- Was able to return the column heading with sumproduct.
=sumproduct((A85:F85)*(A86:F94="my lookup value"))

"eb" wrote:

Table Range A85:F94 -- Column headings in row 85

Thanks

"T. Valko" wrote:

The first formula post will not return the value 100% of the time.

What is the *exact* location of the table in cell references? Like: it's in
the range G10:L18.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"eb" wrote in message
Thanks for the responses
No duplicates and all are formatted as numbers.

The first formula post will not return the value 100% of the time. The
lookup value will change and may or not be the max/min number in the
column.

Thanks

"T. Valko" wrote:

Some of the values in the table data have leading 0s. Are these formatted
numbers or TEXT entries? Are there any duplicate values in the data
table?

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"eb" wrote in message
Need formula to lookup a value from a table and return the
corresponding
column heading.
For example, I would like to look up the value 12 and have the formula
return 2222.
Example of table - Table is 6 columns x 9 rows. No row headers just
column
headers.

A B
1111 2222