Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Secret Squirrel Secret Squirrel is offline

Default VBA code to fill down

Works like a charm! Thanks Gary!

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

Good question! Let's say we do an import and run the macro. The filldown
should work. If we now import more rows below the original import we can
just re-run the macro. This is because the macro only filldowns empty cells,
it won't touch the original imported rows because they have already been
filled.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200788

"Secret Squirrel" wrote:

Thanks Gary. Follow up question....Instead of having it always fill down from
H1 & I1 is there a way to have it just fill down from the last row instead of
going back to row 1? Example: I run the macro and it imports 10 rows and then
copies the formula in H1 & I1 down to row 20. Then I do another import from
rows 21 to 45. Can it just fill down from 20 to 45 or does it really not
matter?

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

Something like:

Sub copy_down()
Dim r As Range, rr As Range, n As Long
With ActiveSheet.UsedRange
n = .Rows.Count + .Row - 1
End With

Set r1 = Range(Cells(1, "H"), Cells(n, "H")).SpecialCells(xlCellTypeBlanks)
Set r2 = Range(Cells(1, "I"), Cells(n, "I")).SpecialCells(xlCellTypeBlanks)
Set r = Union(r1, r2)
For Each rr In r
rr.FillDown
Next
End Sub

But for the fill-down to work, H1 and I1 must not be empty.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200787

"Secret Squirrel" wrote:

I have some VBA code that imports certain columns (a thru g) from another
spreadsheet. I also have two columns of formulas in the spreadsheet that I'm
importing into that I need to fill down after the import is done. Columns H &
I have these formulas. How would I add to my VBA code to have it fill down
these formulas once the import is complete and how do I have the fill down
code stop where the last row of imports is?