Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Mary Lou[_2_] Mary Lou[_2_] is offline

Default Formula Errors / #Value!

Hi, I got so confused with the project that I just gave up.. temporarily.
Would it be possible for me to send you my worksheet and have you look at my
formulas??
--
Mary Lou

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

=J16*K17 should not show an error in L17 if either or both is empty.

L17 should just display a zero since blank cell * blank cell = 0

Is there something else you're not telling us?

If you don't want L17 to display a zero enter this formula

=IF(AND(J16="",K17=""),"",J16*K17)

But please post back with clarification about contents of J16 and K17 that would
produce the #VALUE!

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 8 May 2008 13:44:01 -0700, Mary Lou
wrote:

I made a template with my formulas and I have some lines that I need to put
zero's in so I won't get #VALUE! where my formula is. For example: J16*K17
is the formula for L17. I have to put zeros in my J & K columns if I'm not
using them or my L17 shows #VALUE! The first 5 or so lines do it but then
the rest are fine. The other L cells just have zeros until I put in the
figures that I want in the J & K. If I'm doing a quote and don't use all the
lines, I get these errors on the unused ones.
Hope I'm not being too confusing! Help!!!