Domenic

Unfortunately, VLOOKUP does not accept an array of lookup values.
However, LOOKUP does...

=MIN(LOOKUP(H1:H3,A1:A100,C1:C100)), or

=MIN(IF(LOOKUP(H1:H3,A1:A3,C1:C3)0,LOOKUP(H1:H3,A 1:A3,C1:C3))) to
exclude zero values,

*Note that Column A needs to be sorted in ascending order. Also, if an
exact match is not found, LOOKUP will return an approximate one. So if
this isn't going to be appropriate for your needs, you can try the
following...

=MIN((ISNUMBER(MATCH(A1:A100,H1:H3,0)))*C1:C100), or

=MIN(IF((ISNUMBER(MATCH(A1:A100,H1:H3,0)))*(C1:C10 00),C1:C100)) to
exclude zero values

*Note that these formulas need to be confirmed with CONTROL+SHIFT+ENTER,
not just ENTER.

Hope this helps!

In article ,
CoRrRan <CoRrRan~~[at]~~gmail~~[dot]~~com wrote:

I hope someone can explain or help me with an array-function. Let me
first explain the situation:

I have a table where, using VLOOKUP I want to find values for multiple
items. After I have found the values, I want to have the minimum value of
this list.

This would result in 2 tables and 1 cell with the result:

Table 1 = data table (=A1:C100)
Table 2 = items where values are to be found for (=H1:H3)
Table 3 = results of VLOOKUP (=I1:I3)
'Table 4' = cell containing function 'MIN' for table 2 (=I4)

Now I would like to have these steps in one cell. I tried using an array
function, but it does not what I want it to do.

I used the following formula in cell I4 (created the formula using
CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER):

={MIN(VLOOKUP(H1:H3;A1:C100;3;FALSE))}

The result of this formula, unfortunately, is the value found in table 1
for the item in cell H1.

When I use this formula, but now in cells I1:I3 (selected all three
cells), and use CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER, I get three cells with the CORRECT
value! (I.e. I get the minimum value of the VLOOKUP results for the items
in cells H1:H3.)

Can someone tell me, that what I try to do, i.e. create a single-cell
formula, is possible using the VLOOKUP function in combination with an
array-function? Or perhaps someone knows a method of accomplishing this,
without the use of a temporary/'in between' table.

Please: no solutions using VBA, that is too easy! ;) I want to understand
the limitations of array-functions.

TIA,
CoRrRan