Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Cell contents get cut off when pasting

Annabelle

The only way I can replicate your problem is when I copy a cell with mucho text
from a workbook into another workbook which is running in a separate instance of
Excel.

Then the 255 limit comes into effect.

Within the same instance of Excel the cell limits are 32,767 charaters in a
cell, although only 1024 will show in the cell.............all will show in the
formula bar.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 21 May 2008 10:38:00 -0700, Annabelle4876
wrote:

I am trying to combine 3 tables together that are all in separate worksheets.
They are all simple, no formulas, macros or anything. The problem is that I
have some cells that contain a lot of text (product descriptions). When I
paste the table in, it only keeps the first 255 characters of each, and
deletes the rest.

Is there any way to fix this? I am sure that it is simple, but I am at a
loss. This have never happened to me. Thank you.