Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
denovo denovo is offline

Default running total where old data is replaced by new data

We are trying to create a spreadsheet to track hours worked on projects. We
will enter hours per person per day for one week to give a total for the
week. I've got this set up, no problem. We will also have a running
total--but we want to be able to replace the data entered in the week with
the next week's hours, so that the running total will be cumulative of all
the weeks entered without having to add more rows. We don't need to save old
data, but we do need the totals to add up. I don't know if Excel can even do
that. I have a back up plan, but am hoping to at least find out if Excel has
this capability. Let me know if you need more clarification. Any assistance
would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!